Guide to Install APK + OBB File on Android 2023 [Tutorial]
- April 21, 2023 ApkMatic.com
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of installing APK and OBB files on your Android device.
APK files are Android application packages that enable you to install applications that are not available on the Google Play Store.
OBB files, on the other hand, are additional data files required by some apps to function correctly. Let's dive into the step-by-step tutorial on how to install APK and OBB files on your Android device.
Step 1: Enable 'Install from Unknown Sources'
Before you can install APK files, you need to enable the 'Install from Unknown Sources' option on your Android device. This allows you to install apps outside the Google Play Store. Follow these steps:
- Open the 'Settings' app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and select 'Security' or 'Privacy' (the name may vary depending on your device).
- Locate the 'Install from Unknown Sources' option and toggle it on.
- A warning message may appear. Read it carefully and proceed if you understand the risks.
Step 2: Download the APK and OBB Files
Now that your device is set up to install apps from unknown sources, you need to download the APK and OBB files from a trusted source. Be cautious and ensure the files are safe before downloading.
Step 3: Install the APK File
- Locate the downloaded APK file in your device's file manager.
- Tap on the APK file to initiate the installation process.
- A permission prompt will appear. Review the permissions and tap 'Install' if you agree.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
Step 4: Extract and Move the OBB Files
If the app you installed requires additional OBB files, follow these steps:
- Locate the downloaded OBB file (usually a .zip or .rar file) in your device's file manager.
- Extract the OBB file using a file extraction app like WinRAR or ZArchiver.
- Once extracted, you will find a folder containing the OBB file(s). The folder should have a name like 'com.example.app'.
- Move this folder to the following directory on your device: 'Android/obb/'. If the 'obb' folder does not exist, create one.
Step 5: Launch the App
Now that the APK and OBB files are properly installed, you can launch the app. If everything was done correctly, the app should function as intended. If you experience any issues, double-check the OBB files' placement and ensure they are in the correct folder.
Installing APK and OBB files on your Android device can open up a whole new world of apps and games not available on the Google Play Store. However, always remember to exercise caution and download files from reputable sources to avoid any security risks.
We hope this guide has been helpful in teaching you how to install APK and OBB files on your Android device. Happy exploring!